Why Buy Coffee From Brazil?
- Brazil occupies 8,500,000km² of land located in the tropical and temperate regions, as such it enjoys an abundance of water and solar radiation;
- Rainfall season and dry spell are well defined, which results in the cherries maturing in a homogenous manner;
- We are the biggest coffee producers in the world. Brazil is the world’s largest coffee producer of Arabica and the world’s second largest producer of Robusta coffee.
- Brazil exports green coffee to over 60 countries;
- Arabica and Robusta coffees are grown in distinct regions of the country.
High quality Arabica is grown in the following states:
- Minas Gerais (Cerrado) , Matas de Minas, Chapadas de Minas, Southern Minas);
- Parana (Northern Parana);
- São Paulo (Mogiana);
- Central Region – Cerrado coffees – Fine coffees of Brazil (Appelation Cerrado Controlée).
Robusta – the largest producers are the states of:
- Espírito Santo;
Many growing and harvesting methods;
- Strip harvesting or mechanized methods – green and overripe cherries – processing and treatment of beans carefully carried out;
- Coffee Drying via dry process or natural drying (patios) depending on weather conditions, and via semi dry process when cherries may be washed or have their pulp removed;
- Ochratoxin levels among the lowest in the world;
- Various awards won in an annual competition hosted by Illy café;
- Over the medium and long run Brazil will always be more competitive than other origins.